Official MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/pridevote
Twin Tiers Pride – The GLBT-Straight Alliance of the Twin Tiers is committed to improving society and impacting public policies through citizen education and advocacy in regards to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered communities and their supporters. Twin Tiers Pride is a grassroots organization, depending on its members.
Twin Tiers Pride is primarily an alliance and support group and not routinely political in nature; however we realize that many of the issues surrounding the GLBT community of the Twin Tiers are political in nature and as such, we will endorse candidates at local, state and federal levels who show outward and vocal support of the GLBT community.
Over time, Twin Tiers Pride’s priorities will change to reflect the needs of society and critical issues of concern to the GLBT community and its supporters. The organization will remain true to its basic purpose: to make a better society for all citizens, regardless of social stigmatizations. Twin Tiers Pride will make a difference in the lives of all citizens because of the energy and passion of members committed to its principles.
Their Motto: “Because ALL people are created equal”.
- To inform the general public of the Twin Tiers of issues of importance to members of the gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgendered community and our supporters (herein also referred to as the GLBT community)through education, outreach, information access and support;
- To promote a message of justice and social progress in the GLBT community;
- To evaluate candidates for public office and actively support those candidates who best promote the Organization’s mission;
- To facilitate the election of supported candidates to public office and the passage of pro-GLBT legislation by maximizing turnout in the GLBT community;
- To build coalitions with other organizations and communities that support the Organization’s mission, reach out to underrepresented and diverse groups within our community in order to bring about greater harmony and understanding; and increase the Organization’s visibility and influence through participation in community activities and events;
- To strive to make the Twin Tiers a better place for GLBT people to live, work, play and raise families.
* * * *
Out Impact is your gay online magazine for gay men and women in the LGBTQ community and our allies, encouraging readers to create a positive impact in the gay community. Our content focuses on activism/philanthropy; expert advice for your professional life; pet care by leading experts; a yoga/wellness column in health, spirituality and wellness; as well as columns in food, comics, fashion, an expert travel specialist; engaging features in the arts and more. We have movie, music and book reviews, as well as the latest interviews. Out Impact also produces events benefiting various non-profits around the country, as well as comprehensive media campaigns to raise awareness for various philanthropic causes while bridging the non-profit, activism, artistic and gay communities. OutImpact.com – Making a positive impact in the gay community. Make yours.
To subscribe to our free newsletter for the latest at Out Impact, as well as exclusive content and giveaways please visit: http://www.outimpact.com/out-impact-newsletter/